Attending Story Time has many benefits for both kids and adults.
Benefits for Kids:
- They learn from each other, especially as they watch their friends
become engaged in Story Time
- The are exposed to a wide variety of authors and writing styles
- They learn vital school readiness skills--sitting for a period of time, how to pay attention to an adult other than a parent and how to take turns
Benefits for Adults:
- They learn songs and rhymes to support their child’s learning
- Fun engaging and educational ways of reading to a child are modeled
- Story Time offers an opportunity to meet and connect with other parents and caregivers.